Inventory Unit Detail
2018 Yamaha Viking
Stock Image: Hunter Green
Sale: Save $800.00 now until 9/30/2019
Yamaha of Harrison
Real World Worker.
Setting the standard in off-road confidence and capability, the Viking makes quick work of the toughest of chores.
- Torquey 700-Class Engine: The Viking is ready to conquer whatever comes its way with a powerful 686cc, liquid-cooled, fuel injected, SOHC power plant. This engine produces strong low-end acceleration and pulls hard through the rpm range to deliver excellent power for getting the job done or when hitting the trails.
- High Volume Intake: The Viking features a large-capacity air intake system that improves overall engine performance. The air cleaner box is easily accessible from inside the cabin for improved serviceability.
- Responsive and Reliable Ultramatic Transmission: Ultramatic® transmission with dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive and reverse is the most advanced drive system available. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt wear and the system features a sprag clutch for all-wheel downhill engine braking in 4WD mode and reverse.
- On-Command® 4WD: Industry-exclusive three-position On-Command® 4WD system lets you quickly dial between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and fully locked differential 4WD.
- Comfortable Three Seat Cabin: This true 3-passenger machine achieves driver and passenger comfort with a handhold, padded head rests, and 3-point seat belts for all riders. Extensive noise and vibration reduction measures provide a smooth and quiet ride. The superior seating position, adjustable driver’s seat, and an offset middle seat all provide unmatched comfort that riders will appreciate.
- Extensive Cargo Capacity: The chassis design includes a convenient pass-through floor for greater ease of on-board movement, making it possible to enter and exit the vehicle from either side. The rear cargo bed is made of steel and is designed for a hefty load capacity of 600 pounds.
- Torquey 700-Class Engine: The Viking is equipped with Yamaha’s powerful 686cc engine with a broad, usable powerband. Liquid-cooling provides consistent performance, a four-valve head with 10.0:1 compression delivers optimum torque for virtually any workload, and up to a 30% gain in fuel efficiency compared to comparable two-valve designs.
- Yamaha Fuel Injection: Electronic fuel injection ensures peak performance in nearly all conditions and elevations, along with instantaneous cold starts and smooth response.
- Efficient Intake System: Large-capacity air intake system contributes to the engine’s overall power development. Air injection system burns the un-combusted elements in the exhaust, resulting in even further reduced emissions.
- Clean-Running Drive Case: Specially designed drive system air intake helps prevent overheating and assists in keeping water and debris from entering the drive case.
- Gated Shifter: Convenient dash-mounted gated shift lever (L/H/N/R) provides simple Ultramatic transmission operation.
- Excellent Ground Clearance: A maximum 11.8-inch ground clearance delivers underbelly protection while enhancing terrainability. The Viking’s width also helps minimize 30” row crop damage.
- Powerful, Controllable Brakes: Large diameter front and rear wheel disc brakes provide unsurpassed stopping power, and the dash-mounted parking brake is simple and convenient to use, with a buzzer to notify the driver if the parking brake is accidentally left engaged.
- Hefty Towing Capability: Standard center-mounted, heavy-duty 2-inch receiver-style hitch can tow up to 1500 pounds.
- Secure Doors: Tough, rotomolded doors help keep mud, water and dirt on the trail where they belong, with robust automotive latches for years of reliable service.
- Convenient Cargo Bed: Stamped steel dump bed is rated to haul 600 pounds of gear and features tie-down hooks to ensure cargo is strapped down securely. The cargo bed can be unlatched and tilted from either side when needed, too. The bed rails have integrated mounting points to make installing genuine Yamaha accessories that much easier.
- Rubber Cargo Bed Mat: Rubber cargo bed mat further reduces noise and vibration while improving durability and providing extra holding power for cargo.
- Service Accessibility: The engine is located under the cargo bed and can be easily accessed when the bed is lifted. Center hood access for battery and other electrical components eases maintenance. Under-seat, tool-free air filter is a snap to service.
- Roomy, Comfortable Cabin: Padded head rests are included and the middle seat is set back for both driver and passenger comfort. The pass-through floor provides onboard ease of movement for getting in and out of the vehicle from either side. And a standard sun top keeps passengers covered.
- Digital Instrumentation: Digital instrument panel boasts multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission position, clock and a fuel gauge.
- Underbody Protection: Steel skid plate under the frame provides protection from rocks and ruts and helps prevent the Viking from getting stuck.
- Cabin Storage: A latching glove box is included to store smaller items such as cell phones, wallets, etc. The Viking is also equipped with four in-dash cup holders for passenger comfort.
- Big Fuel Tank: Large, 9.7-gallon fuel tank allows for long rides.
- Assembled in the USA: Proudly built Real World Tough™ and assembled in Newnan, GA, U.S.A.
- Engine Type: 686cc liquid-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 4 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 102.0mm x 84.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI)
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; L, H, N, R
- Final Drive: On-Command; 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive
- Suspension / Front: Independent double wishbone; 8.1-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Independent double wishbone; 8.1-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic disc
- Brakes / Rear: Dual hydraulic disc
- Tires / Front: AT25 x 8-12
- Tires / Rear: AT25 x 10-12
- L x W x H: 122.1 in. x 61.8 in. x 75.8 in.
- Wheelbase: 84.1 in.
- Turning Radius: 177.2 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 11.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 9.7 gal.
- Wet Weight: 1420 lb.
- Bed Capacity: 600 lb.
- Towing Capacity: 1500 lb.
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. Side x Side (SxS) models are recommended for use only by operators 16 years and older with a valid driver's license. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. There are few joys in life equal to the free-spirited thrill and experience of SxS riding. And that's why it's important for all of us to do our part as responsible riders. By following logical, common-sense rules, we can maintain season after season of unparalleled enjoyment of our sport. For your safety: Always wear your seat belt, helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Always avoid paved surfaces and never ride on public roads. And be particularly careful on difficult terrain. Never drive or ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owners' Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha recommends that all SxS riders take an approved training course. For SxS safety and training information, see your dealer or call the ROHVA at 866.267.2751.
- Engine Type
- SOHC 4-stroke; 4 valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 102.0mm x 84.0mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI)
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Front Suspension
- Independent double wishbone
- Front Brakes
- Dual hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- AT25 x 8-12
- Rear Suspension
- Independent double wishbone
- Rear Brakes
- Dual hydraulic disc
- Rear Tire
- AT25 x 10-12
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 1420 lb.
- 84.1 in.
- Front Travel
- 8.1 in.
- Rear Travel
- 8.1 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 11.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 9.7 gal.
- Box Capacity
- 600 lb.
- Towing Capacity
- 1500 lb.
- Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; L, H, N, R
- Drive System
- On-Command; 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive
- Hunter Green w/Suntop, Red w/Suntop
- 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)